Desired profile: Business Developer, Amsterdam Chemistry Network
FTE: 0,8-1,0 FTE
ACN is a network organization that catalyses innovations related to chemistry in the metropolitan region of Amsterdam. ACN does so by acting as a network and platform organization, bringing together knowledge institutes, businesses, and governmental and semi-governmental organizations in the Metropolitan Region of Amsterdam (MRA). ACN has two focus areas, chemistry for sustainability and chemistry for life-sciences. Its board members include the UvA, VU, IXA, Matrix Innovation Centers, Port of Amsterdam, Argent Energy and Chemistry NL.
About the Job:
To strengthen ACN, we are currently looking for an energetic professional who will further grow our network and members. The success of ACN as a community is determined by the commitment and involvementof its members. To ensure that, we are looking for a social and communicatively strong person to continually engage with the members and deliver them the valueof being a gold/ silver/ bronze member of our network. You understand the bigger picture and take keen interest in the pains and gains of our network members. Next to that you spot connections that can be made for potential collaborations to accelerate business, for example, by acquiring investments or subsidies, bringing the right parties together. You are great at pitching business propositions and making crisp overviews of technology driven chemistry businesses and research. You will play the role of a facilitator who accelerates business in the field of sustainability and life-sciences in the Amsterdam Metropolitan region. You will work directly alongside our operational manager and our director. We are looking for a self-starter with ability to work in a small team. You will have the flexibility to arrange your day-to-day activities in a way that helps you attain your goals, so you should be organized and motivated.
1) You have at least 2 year experience or demonstrated examples in roles pertaining sales or business development
2) You have an educational background with chemistry for life-sciences, food or sustainability
3) You either have or want to grow a strong network in the area of science, business and sustainability
4) You are a self-starter and who takes ownership of tasks and projects
5) Experience from activities related tofunding of (research) projects is a plus
6) Strong communication skills (both Englishand Dutch are required)
7) You have strong inter-personal skills, and an are an extrovert in professional situations
8) You are respectful of others and their differences
9) You like to work with flexible working hours - you make sure the job is done!
10) Solution oriented and agile. You don’t hesitate to ask for help
What can you expect in return:
This position will put you in the centre of the businesses and researchers working towards a more sustainable world. The community is vibrant and dedicated towards research and innovation. You will find yourself in the Amsterdam Science and Business ecosystem with local and nationwide network of the chemical and sustainability industry. Salary is market conform.
Apply by sending motivation letter and CV by 21-04-2023 to email@example.com
For questions contact Marco Tibaldi: 0623354041